Booking Audio-Visual Equipment
Students and staff can book audio-visual equipment for a particular date. Follow the instructions below to book a DVD, digital camera, or projector online.
1. From the Library’s homepage (library.selkirk.ca), search for the item that you want to book. Use the "Books" link under FIND. For example, type “digital camera” into the search bar.
2. When you have located the item that you wish to book, click on the title. Alternately, a listing of AV equipment for loan is available here.
3. Once you are looking at the detailed record, select the “Book Item” link in the red bar near the top of the screen:
4. Enter your User ID (your student number/Library card number) and your Pin number (the last 4 digits of your student number/Library card number).
5. Select “Set Booking Date/Time” (located at bottom of page).
6. Choose the calendar widget located beside the “Start day/time” box:
7. Enter the time that you want to pick up the item.
** IMPORTANT ** You must choose the time before selecting the day
** IMPORTANT ** Please select your time using the 24 hour clock. For example, to pick up your item in the morning, enter 08:00. To pick up your item in the afternoon, enter 14:00 (2:00 pm).
8. Choose the day that you want to pick up the item.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 for selecting the end time of your booking (“End day/time” field).
10. Indicate which Library you will pick the material up at:
11. Click “Book Item” to complete your booking. You will receive a confirmation email from the Library.
Item already booked during the requested period
If you receive the following message, the item you want is already booked for another user. You will have to select an alternate booking date.
The media desk is closed
If you receive the following message, you have started or ended your booking on a date when the Library is closed. Choose to start and end your booking during hours when the library is open.